Over the past couple of weeks, I have been so happy to meet many wonderful bloggers through wordpress’ blogging101 course. Among them has been the lovely joseelavallee, who writes For His Glory. Not only do I truly enjoy reading her posts, (and we seem to have a lot of similar tastes in books, art, life) but I have been so honored as to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by her! (Seriously, check out her blog. She is awesome)
I have found both blogging101 and these awards to be so wonderful for establishing a community atmosphere within this blogging environment. (Who knew that blogging was such a social activity!) I have found this to be the most useful tool! In light of this, to new bloggers I would say: get involved in this course when you have the opportunity, get to know your neighbors. Be kind to them and generous, and they usually will be the same with you. Also, keep writing and be yourself! Your flavor is what makes your blog special.
I started blogging a few years ago, and have SIX including this one (they should all have links at the top that you can follow if you would like). I have loved writing for many years, and just wanted a place to express my thoughts and get them out because I have so many. I love painting, poetry, opinion articles, music, God, etc. The list can just keep going. This is a place for me to express my passions.
And the Nominations Are:
- Sincerely, Hil– because her writing is a little bit of sunshine to brighten any reader’s day
- Beastieblog– because of her creative and youthful outlook on life.
- MindandLifeMatters: because she is always so positive and inspiring
- koolitzable: because, even though she just got it from another, she has hugely lent to my positive experience as a member of the blogosphere.
- Candelescent: because the beautiful way in which she looks at life is inspiring
- Journey Entries: because her writing is so beautifully woven, and her faith in God so fierce.
- Multiply this Hallelujah Song: because she has a tangible inner strength and beauty
- Eccentric Soul: because of her unique view on the world
- Roam Wild and Free: because beauty, wonder, wander, adventure
- Zenaida Wheels: beautiful pictures, lovely happy adventures!
- blabberwockying: becuase Anand has been too much of an encouragement to be left out (even though he already has this one (I believe?)
- soldiersride: because he shares a unique perspective that we know exists but are not faced with every day.
- Cupcakes and Coconuts: because cute and fun are enjoyable to read
Here are the rules as per standard format award posts:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
- Write a post to show off your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post (right click and save, then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
- Provide a link to the award post you created